Who We Are
Site-spares is a non-profit movement that allows builders, tradesmen and members of the public to sell or donate building materials to one another.
Our website address is https://site-spares.co.uk/
Site-spares is not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18
Our Contact Details
Name: Duncan Colquhoun
Phone number: +447951238560
Or contact us using the contact form below:
Site-spares members can also request a copy of the data that we hold about them or erase all data associated with their account by deleting their account. Both of these actions can be performed on the settings section of the profile page.
The Type of Personal Information We Collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Information you provide when you register on site-spares. This is the username that you provide, your email address and your IP address.
- Information you provide when you post an advert on the website. This a name, description, price and category of the item that you are selling, the location of your item and any images that you provide.
- Details of any messages that you send and receive using the site-spares messaging service. This includes the content of those messages, the date they are sent and the recipients.
- Any information that you provide if you contact us to report an issue or discuss any other matter.
How We Receive Your Personal Information and Why We Have It
How We Receive Your Information
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you when you fill out a form on our site. We have online forms on the website that allow you to create an account, post an advert and send messages. You enter the information when you fill out one of these forms.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- When information is collected automatically using cookies and other tracking technologies.
We may share this information with our professional and legal advisors. Where information is provided through cookies that are set by third parties, this may be shared with those third parties.
Why We Have Your Information
We use the information that you have given us in order to
- To allow you to be a member of site-spares
- To allow you to post adverts on the website
- To allow you to send and receive messages about adverts that either you or someone else has posted on the website
- To record, respond to and act on any communications that you have with us
- The information provided by cookies is mostly used to enable the website to function the right correctly, and they do not collect any of your personally identifiable data. Third-party cookies used on our website are mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us using the contact details provided at the top of this page.
Note that members of site-spares can also request a copy of the data that we hold about them or erase all data associated with their account by deleting their account. Both of these actions can be performed on the settings section of the profile page.
You have the following data rights:
- The right to access – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we store about you.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete any information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to us processing your personal data.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you.
If you make a request related to your right, we will respond to you within one month. You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details provided at the top of this page.
How We Store Your Personal Information
Your information is securely stored.
For users that register on the website, we will the store the information that identifies their account until they decide to delete it.
Other information related to adverts posted and messages sent on the site will normally be kept until the user deletes it themselves. However, please note that we may keep a record indefinitely for where we believe this is necessary.
Information related to communications that users have with us may also be kept indefinitely.
All data is deleted securely.
How to Complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us using the contact details provided at the top of this page.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address is:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk